Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Beach Ball End of School Gift/Party Favor

I wanted to quickly share a little gift I gave to my daughter's preschool class on the last day of school. This post is kind of late since summer is now in full swing, but it could also be made as a summer party favor for birthdays etc.

I had several parents tell me what a wonderful idea it was. They were also bummed that they didn't think to do something like it, which is why I thought I should share. If you are not the creative type or don't have the time to get crafty, you can still do it. It took me less than an hour to finish.

It was last minute (most everything I do is last minute), but quick and easy which is what I needed. I was very very busy that week, but we couldn't say goodbye to the kids without giving them something and making sure they have our contact info for future play dates or just to keep in touch. Maya's preschool was having a Water Day on the last day of class so I thought beach balls would be a fun gift, other than sweets, and they would be able to use on the last day of school.

I bought 12" beach balls from Amazon and attached two cards to them. I have an Amazon Prime account so I received my shipment in less than two days,thank goodness!


For the cards, I used a name badge template from Microsoft Word called "Bright Design" and inserted this printable on the front card from the blog Ginger Snap Crafts. Thank goodness for the blogging world and all the lovely people who share their wonderful crafts and ideas. It would have taken me much too long to create one on my own and I didn't have time for any of that.

For the back card, I used the same template, created a short little rhyme, and added our contact information.


I simply cut the cards and slapped them on the beach balls with Zots. I first tried my adhesive tape gun, but it was too strong and left behind gunk and part of the card on the balls. I wanted the cards to be easily pulled off to be placed in a purse or wallet so parents would have our contact info handy.

This is how they turned out:



Ta-DA! All done.

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird